31 March 2009

Closing in on a Masters

WOW! It's been SO LONG since I've blogged. I told you I wasn't good at these things! haha

I wish I could say a lot has happened or changed since my last post in November. I guess a lot has happened, it just seems small and insignificant compared to the grand scheme of things. So where to start...

I'm in my final semester of grad school. April 30th is my final day of classes. At that point I will take an exit exam and (assuming I pass) will graduate on May 14! My time in Miami has FLOWN by. It seems like only yesterday I was packing up the U-Haul and moving down here. With graduation, comes the job search... which will begin this week. I must say that the current economic condition doesn't have me too optimistic about finding a job. But, I intend to be successful. haha (10 pts for the reference, anyone?) At this point, I'm not going to be picky. I'm searching for jobs in 4 or 5 main areas: Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Austin and Miami. Of course, if I find a job elsewhere I'll be open to moving there. At this point, I'm just looking for a job to get my foot in the door and see where it takes me. My main areas of interest are publishing, music supervision and artist management... but that is by no means an exhaustive list. I could see myself doing other things too!

Other than the job search, stressing about paying bills and the such, I'm just finishing up my degree and looking forward to ending my time in school. The fam (minus Scott) will be in Miami... so it'll be fun to share Miami with them!

I'd write more, but I need to get to a meeting. I'd LOVE to tell you that I'll post again soon, but look at my track record. So maybe you'll hear from me in a few more months. OR. Maybe something amazing will strike and really motivate me to blog. We'll see.

Until later.

2 comments:

Emily said...

MXC!

You're awesome. Miss you. Let's chat soon :)

cmrpaul said...

Good luck finishing school and in the job market! You'll do fabulously!