11 December 2007

Schools out, but I'm still busy!

I'm sitting here at work and thinking about all of the things that I have to do and get done before I leave next week for cold and balmy Indiana. haha Part of me assumed that I would have some free time before I left to relax, hit the beach, etc... and I think I still will... but even though Finals are over and I'm done for the semester, I seem to be as busy as ever. But, I can sleep/rest in death, right? At least the things I'm doing are fun! :) Like tonight...

Tonight is a holiday mixer with the Florida Grammy chapter on South Beach; it should be a lot of fun. They do these mixers once a month to create networking opportunities and I've always had class... so I'll actually get to attend tonight! I'm looking forward to it! I need to find brown shoes though, I don't have any. haha Since I moved here it's pretty much just been flip-flops on my feet. Anyone in Miami know where to get a nice but inexpensive pair of brown shoes? haha

That should do it for today... work, shopping, Grammy party. hahaha I have to fit practicing guitar in there somewhere so that Alex doesn't shoot me tomorrow when we have our lesson. :)

Oh... and for my Indiana/non-Florida friends... I would like to mention that it is currently 81 degrees and there is barely a cloud in the sky right now... if you all could work on getting some warm weather in Indiana before the 19th, I'd appreciate it! :)

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

As a native Hoosier who enjoyed working with you and chatting at staff lunches, I am disappointed that you would so forcefully rub our noses in the balmy Miami weather. It is currently 48 degrees and foggy here. You are forgiven.

Linda Dausend said...

Okay, you had to mention the weather. Just wait til you get here....and your Florida friends ask you how the weather is.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Miss you!

I'd love to add your link to my blog, which is http://lindausend.blogspot.com/. Check it out and let me know if I can link you as a "cool blog" (because yours IS!).

Anonymous said...

I found you! :) Glad you're blogging now.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Emily said...

grrrr...stupid warm miami!

but, my office is about the same temp as Miami....wait, that's not really a good thing :)

Hope the grammy party was fun!