14 May 2008

The Arrival: NYC

I realize it has been awhile since I've blogged, for that, I'm sorry.  I'm bad at keeping things up-dated.  So, a quick review:

My first year of grad school has wrapped up.  It seemed to fly by and I'm looking forward to starting (and finishing) my final year.  In the meantime, I'm in New York City for the summer working with Epic Records.  My hope is to keep an updated blog throughout my internship that will keep everyone up-to-date on what's going on.  I'll post as often as possible and will include as much as I'm able to.

So, today was the first day of the internship with the Epic E-Pod.  The team will be developing a grassroots marketing campaign for a new artist: The White Tie Affair.  Check em out at www.thewhitetieaffair.com  Most of today was spent researching sites and meeting with a few jr. execs  concerning contesting and street teams.  I think I'll learn a lot, develop some great relationships and get my hands a little dirty.  Very exciting! :) 

I'm staying with an old friend and roommate in upper manhattan in the Washington Heights area.  The train ride into the Sony building is a little long, but not too bad.  It was a good opportunity to people-watch, reflect, and listen to some tunes on the iPod.  The commute home was a little longer (at the height of rush hour) but still not terrible overall.

What to look forward to tomorrow: more work on "street teams" and radio promos.  I built a decent foundation today and will build upon that when I arrive in the morning. 

More later. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to hearing more! :)