19 May 2008

Week One at Epic

The first week of my internship has come to a close and tomorrow morning I will begin week two. It has been exciting so far and there seems to be a lot to get done!  I'm lucky to be working on marketing and development for a band that has some good music.  If you haven't done it already, check them out:  www.thewhitetieaffair.com  Give me feedback and let me know what you think about them.  Any great or crazy marketing ideas are welcome as well! :)  Really! Throw some at me!

Anyway... as there are many aspects to a grassroots marketing campaign, we have a few different departments within the internship.  The five areas are:  1) Online Publicity/Blog Promotion; 2) Lifestyle Online Publicity/College Marketing/Online Radio; 3) Viral Marketing/Social Networks/Online Street Team; 4) Video/Content Promotion/Distribution; 5)Strategic Partnerships.  As of now, I will be working on two main things as the summer progresses: helping develop a national "street team" and coordinating contests with college radio stations in tour cities.  I'm excited to be working with Josh Madden on the street teams as he has a great amount of experience and knowledge when it comes to the music business.  I believe I'll be learning a lot from him; so that's definitely cool.

Overall, the internship seems like a great tool for knowledge, experience and networking.  I'm stoked to be a part of it and am excited to see what the summer will bring!  More updates soon! :)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So will you bring all this newfound promotional experience back to SoFlo to help us "viral" The Pursuit?