27 February 2008

The Matthew Challenge

On Sunday morning at the Pursuit, Matt issued a challenge to the church.  As there are 28 days until Easter, and as the book of Matthew has 28 chapters... read a chapter a day and find a verse that sticks out and apply it to your life.  I invite anyone reading to join in!  After reading your chapter, do the following:

*Pick out and write one verse that stands out to you.
*Write a few observations about the verse.
*Write a few sentences about how you can apply the verse to your life.
*Write a prayer to God and listen to what He might be saying to you.

I tend to be terrible at sticking with things such as this.  So, as a method of accountability, I'm going to post my thoughts each day.  I actually did start yesterday, but just decided to blog about this tonight... feel free to join in on our (and my) "pursuit" through Matthew.

You can also check out the staff and their thoughts through the Pursuit webpage.

No comments: