27 February 2008

Matthew Two

Verse: "...'Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?  We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.'  When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him."                                                                                   - Matthew 2:2-3

Observations:  The Magi were traveling to find the king of the Jews and met with King Herod first.  When Herod realized that they were looking for a different king, he became disturbed. Why was he disturbed?  My guess is that it was pride.  Herod was the king, not someone else... and it shook him to the core that someone else might steal his title and not worship him.  Too much pride! 

Application:  I have no application here because I have no pride... NOT! haha  For my own life I definitely need to work on wiping out some pride.  The largest area where I carry pride is when I think I can do things on my own, without the help of God.  I can be very stubborn and prideful in this area.  What I need to do is hand my struggles over more easily and focus my worship on Him, not on other things.

Prayer:  Father God, help me to be less prideful in thinking I can do everything on my own.  In reality, I can do nothing without You.  Help me focus on that... More of You and less of me.

No comments: