27 February 2008

Matthew One

Verse: "Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly." - Matthew 1:19

Observations: The first thing that popped out at me was that Joseph was righteous.  I'm sure when he found out that Mary was pregnant, many things went through his mind.  But even so, he did not want her to be ridiculed.  He wanted to take care of things quietly so that no one would notice or know what had happened.  It shows great and admirable character. 

Application: At times I need to be more careful about "calling people out" for their flaws or short-comings... after all, who am I?  I need to be more righteous all around.

Prayer: Lord, mold me more to Your image; to be more righteous and aware of myself and those around me.  Allow me to see through different lenses instead of the ones that can at times lead me to be too critical.

No comments: