10 January 2008

Day 2: the first steps to recovery

Day 2 and it's a little worse than yesterday.  I think that yesterday was not bad due to remaining drugs and whatnot that were still in my system.  The throat pain is a little more today, and things seem a little more swollen and odd.  My tongue is swelling a little and the uvula is definitely still swollen, creating an odd sensation in the back of my throat... I'm noticing the difference with the tonsils and adenoids missing.  Breathing seems to be easier with all of the additional room... but when I talk air is forced through my nasal cavity making some odd noises.  I read that this may occur and should go away after a month or so when my body adjusted to the extra room.  Hopefully it won't take that long! :)

I'm a lot more tired today... and this whole soft food diet thing is a drag.  I'm hungry! haha  But, my mashed potato dinner was tasty. :)  I think I need some ice cream now; orange/vanilla. Mmm!

No comments: