16 January 2008

Ed Young and Fellowship Church

Last month I created a post about my visit to Fellowship Church in Miami and it's pastor, Ed Young.  Mainly, the post was about Ed Young.  Being new to blogland, I never imagined that my post would reach beyond a few people.  I also did not feel that the post would be considered controversial, if those who read my blog knew me.

I was proven wrong on two accounts.  1) somehow my post reached many people and 2) most of them do not know me and therefor do not know the spirit with which it was posted... how could they?  Items written on the 'net are purely open to translation... I can't expect people to understand what was meant when written.  

With that in mind, I want to apologize to Ed Young and the members of the Fellowship Church that my blog may have affected or offended.  My intention was never to be malicious, judgmental or harmful.

In the end, my goals and Fellowship's goals are the same... to reach people for Christ.  And ultimately, that's all that matters.  When the world sees Christians fighting with each other; it only hurts our ultimate cause.  And my intention was not to initiate a rift or fight among brothers and sisters.  For doing that, I am sorry.  

No comments: