21 January 2008

Surgery Update

It's been awhile since I posted an update, so here goes:

Since about Thursday of last week I've been feeling much better with each day.  The process was painfully slow for the first week or so as it seemed there was little to no improvement each day.  Thankfully, that's not been the case for the past few days.  Each day brings some good progression and healing for the throat.  I'm still not at 100% and my throat is still sore, but it's MUCH better than where I was as of the middle of last week.  

I can now generally equate the pain with a really bad sore throat or a bad case of strep throat.  The only difference is that I can still feel some pain/pressure from the back of my throat to my ears.  Even still, it isn't too bad.

I've noticed that if I talk too much in a given day, my throat gets more sore... I think thats a mixture of still healing and not having used those muscles very much over the past week and a half... so I am still trying to keep speaking to a lower level than normal.  

I have an appt on Wed with the surgeon who will hopefully tell me that everything is healing nicely... if thats the case, it means an end is in sight for the soft food diet. :)  It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be... eating soup, ice cream and jell-o for two weeks.  But, I've also lost about 8 lbs... so thats nice. :)  Maybe I'll lose a few more before Wednesday to make it an even 10!  haha  Lets just hope that I don't gain it all back when I start to eat again... :(  C'est la vie.

So thats where I currently stand.  :)  Remember to have your pets spayed and neutered... good-bye everybody!

No comments: