06 January 2008

Pushing forward...

After a small hiatus only one thing could bring me back to the blog... the return... of American Gladiators! I remember watching this show with my family as a kid.  I LOVED the American Gladiators; now they're back.  I'm uber excited.  I'm finishing up the first hour of the show's 2-hour return... the ladies just finished the Eliminator.  Now, if you have been watching, you know that the Eliminator was not easy for the ladies.  They literally looked like they were going to drop dead.  Exhausted. Out of breath. Pain coursing through their bodies... yet they kept going.  They never gave up!  They continued pushing forward with complete disregard for how they were feeling.  And for what?  The prize at the end...  knowing that they've finished the race and done all that they could to finish as strong as possible.

It makes me wonder... what if we all continued pushing forward, continuously reaching toward the Prize just like the contenders on American Gladiator.  What if we raced for the finish line with reckless abandon and disregard for how we feel; knowing that the prize at the end is well worth the work?  What if...?

1 comment:

Janie said...

And what if there was even more spandex in the world!