11 January 2008

Day 3: halfway healed?

Today, by far, was the most painful day.  I think a lot of the throat pain came from sleeping with my mouth open and drying out last night... though the pain continued through most of the day.  It was MUCH harder to eat or drink anything today... though I've managed to take a good amount of liquids.  Also starting today was some intense ear pressure and pain.  I had read in some other blogs that this might happen on day 4 or 5... but for me, day 3 it is.

After emailing one of the ladies at the ENT office, I have learned that the ear pain, while unpleasant, is a good sign.  She said that this will occur when I'm approximately 50% through the initial recovery... apparently the pain is caused when the tonsil muscles heal and begin to spasm and contract.  She said this could last for another day or two, but hopefully the pressure will lessen soon!

Time to get some rest and take some pain killers!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Eric, friend, I'm hate that you're in so much pain. Please know we're praying for you to heal and feel good fast! We miss you!

Janie